View Single Post
Old 03-04-2022, 09:17 PM
break the window
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by COOLCAT200 (View Post)
I liked Joey in S1 but I agree, she upset me with how she treated Jen. I did think for a newcomer KH did pretty good in S1. The scene with her dad at the prison at night really was good acting on her part.
I agree. KH played Joey like a small-town girl in love with her best friend and always thought she would never be good enough to be on his arm because he liked experienced girls like Jen and girls who are blond. That's who Joey Potter was.

Then Season 3 happened and so on and so forth, you could tell she cared more about being pretty than doing the real, emotional dialogue which sometimes is not pretty at all. She wanted to be the hero and victorious and not just the actor doing their job no matter how ugly it got.

I think that honor went to Michelle Williams who knocked everything out of the park and didn't care if her hair was straight or curly or if her makeup still looked good by the end of her scene. She was Jen Lindley and she played the character was a lot of heart and a lot of depth. Same for all the other female characters on there.

I think Audrey would've been extremely unlikeable and possibly written out if it weren't for the charm Busy Phillips bought to the character. I was annoyed with Audrey most of the time but Busy bought it back home and she became likeable again...relatable with having issues with her mom, struggling with self-confidence and just wanting to belong in a life she never felt like she did. That's relatable and Busy knocked it out of the park effortlessly.
{EphramAmy}
patricia