View Single Post
Old 03-03-2022, 02:56 AM
crazy_diamond
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris (View Post)
I'd rather hear that he's still in love with Bev.
Exactly!!!, he's been in love with her for over 30+ years..

Quote:
Patrick Stewart hints Star Trek: Picard will end on a questionable note when it concludes with season 3. When it first premiered in 2020, Paramount+'s Star Trek: Picard was one of the buzziest shows of the year thanks to Stewart's return as his beloved The Next Generation character Jean-Luc Picard. Now, later than expected, the series is set to return this week for season 2. Stewart once again leads the cast, which includes Alison Pill, Isa Briones, Michelle Hurd, Santiago Cabrera, and Jeri Ryan. Picard season 2 also excitingly includes the returns of TNG alums Whoopi Goldberg and John de Lancie, who will have a sizable role as the trickster Q.

Star Trek: Picard season 2 took longer than expected to reach this point due to the coronavirus pandemic. Fans were fine with waiting because the series also earned a season 3 renewal, solidifying the fact that there will be plenty more adventures with Jean-Luc ahead. These two upcoming seasons will be all audiences get, though: Stewart confirmed earlier this year that Picard will end with season 3, something that has always been the plan. As Picard was able to shoot its final two seasons back-to-back, production on the series finale is nearly complete.

To promote Picard season 2, Stewart recently sat down with Collider to discuss his overall Star Trek journey. He was asked if here is anything he can tease about the season 3 finale, and his answer was rather peculiar. It sounds like Picard won't end on a very conclusive note, though Stewart himself is pleased with it. He said:

Followers of Picard will find that we get to the very end of season three, and the resolution is unexpected and questionable. And I'm thrilled about that because it leaves a question mark hanging over his head. Now I'm not saying in three years’ time or 10 years’ time, there will be another series and I'll be back again tending in my grapes in the vineyard. But I've had some fallings out with some of our people, because they look on this as a closure that is coming up, and I don't.

Fans go into series finales expecting things to be completely tied up, or at least concluded in a way that allows for satisfaction. However, Stewart's comments about the Picard season 3 finale hint that the door will be left wide open for more stories down the line. Whether they involve Jean-Luc specifically or some of the other characters within the Picard ensemble remains to be seen, but audiences likely shouldn't be surprised if things aren't turned into a neat little bow. Then again, with an expansive universe like Star Trek, there's always a potential for continuations after a series comes to a close.

Luckily, fans don't have to worry about Star Trek: Picard's ending just yet. All of season 2 has to arrive first, and that can give some clues about where the final season is going. In the weeks ahead, Picard will find Jean-Luc and his crew contending with time-travel, alternate realities, and a lot of hijinks from Q. That should be enough to keep everyone occupied right up until the final goodbye arrives.
source