View Single Post
Old 02-28-2022, 07:07 AM
jediwands
Fan Forum Legend

I know people will say even if Dawson and Joey received the happy ending in the series finale it wouldn't totally make up for the entire series because at times they weren't even friends and did hurtful things to each other. I can appreciate that take. But at the same time the only ending of this series was Dawson and Joey ending up together if you remotely concentrated on the premise. The only happy ending for Pacey was finding Andie again. He could have found someone "Andie-like" I suppose but for the love of God, not Joey Potter. What a prison sentence for Pacey. Pacey ending up with Andie was the only gold gem for him that he never received.

If the only thing that made sense did happen (DJ ending up together and PA as well or a clue that they were headed in the right direction) it would have set up potential for a reunion or revival too. Killing off Jen had horrible long-tern consequences as well.

They lost any chance at a revival or movie. No one is going to want to watch without Michelle Williams. If the right pairings would have actually ended up together it also would have been a way to make up for the seasons 3-6 disaster as well.

I guess Karma is real and it hit both Williamson and Stupin.