View Single Post
Old 02-19-2022, 07:49 PM
Jerry D
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelphia Kenny (View Post)
One of the most aggravating and annoying things about Williamson as a writer is that when he's good, he's really good, but when he's bad, he's really bad, and the small snippet in that linked article? Yeah, that's him when he's bad.

His fatal flaw is his inability to complete anything he does and hands off his work to people who aren't qualified enough to manage it. Whether it's the Scream movies, Dawson's Creek, Vampire Diaries...all of his most notable works are ones he's never actually finished. With his lack of commitment to be there for the beginning, middle, and end of something, it makes him someone I can't trust despite the gems he's able to show off every now and then.

He treats his individual projects like they're toys; picking them up only when it grabs his interest. It's childish behavior and it's consistent behavior. With all this in mind, if I had a TV network or a streaming service, I would never pick up a Williamson project because of this.
That's so true and so perfectly put. Kevin Williamson never finishes what he starts and he always leaves his shows in the hands of incompetent people who turn the shows into bad caricatures of what they started out to be.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy