View Single Post
Old 02-11-2022, 01:13 AM
Alexa
Fan Forum Star

This week has been crazy, sorry I am late... ish.

Quote:
Simply amazing. Even though we aren't seeing much kissing from Ephram and Amy (thanks to Greg and Emily being sick throughout filming of most of S3), I think it is pretty much inferred that they do their fair share of kissing based on Ephram's comment when he thought Amy was coming over to make up, but it was Harold that was there instead. Berlanti has never, ever, made the audience think we are clueless and stupid. He knows the writing is strong enough, he understands we comprehend what is being shown on the screen and reading between the lines.
I hate when a couple gets together and there is no kiss or passionate moments because its unrealistic to me. Normally I would be upset that E/A had such chaste kisses...but with these two, I really dont even notice because they dont need it. Its so clear how much they really love each other!

Episode thoughts:

Dont kill me but I actually loved Jake this episode. Firstly, he had every right to say what he said to Edna. You cant just stroll in willy nilly an hour late to your job! What is that? Like, she works for him and he has a right to have expectations. She had a right to quit too, if she wanted, but she really had no reason being so mad at him. It's not like he was asking for something unreasonable from her.

Irv losing his job and just expecting Edna to travel with him was weird. I didnt like how he went about it all. I see why he wants that, that sounds like an amazing life! But it was something that needed to be discussed with Edna. Edna wanting to still do things and work etc made sense to me too though. Again, she is valid for feeling how she feels. I loved Irv's compromise and I think it was a great plan. I found it pretty crappy the way that Edna just tells him straight out she took her job back and thats that... i mean, she practically said she was choosing Everwood over him. I was glad that Irv said he was willing to stick it out a bit longer but he has a right to want to do other things with his life as they are getting older. I thought it was unfair of Edna not to hear that out. They need to compromise again. She gets to work for 2 more years and then they will try his plan. IMo that would make the most sense.

Andy and Harold were absolutely ridiculous this episdoe! I mean, Harold was expected, but the way that Andy was shouting such rude things for the recruiter to hear felt a bit out of character. I think it would have made more sense for him to whisper loudly to Ephram and then for her to accidentally overhear or something. Not the way thy wrote it. That school did seem lame though.

I thought we already had the conversation about Ephram deciding he DID want to do piano so that felt a tad repetitive to me. i did find it adorable that E/A wanted to go to school near each other though. Normally I would hate that and say no, dont go to school just for someone else, but like amy said, there were a lot of options and a lot of good schools. Its not like they were choosing the SAME school, just schools on the same coast. I think that is reasonable. I also of course loved her speech to Eprham and how she said shes betting on them .. I was cheering when she told off her dad too and I WAS SO GLAD that she didnt cave to his wishes.

Ephrams essay was cute, and it was an interesting twist at the end, even if I wasnt that happy about it.

Bright was a nitwit this ep and deserved hat cmment from Amy, sorry.

I need to sincerely apologize to Emily and to Amy for not seeing how freaking awesome she is sooner. Like, shes one of my favorite characters now and I dont know why I didnt feel that way before, Im usually always on her side. Besides the Colin crap, I always see her POV.

Oh and Amanda bugs me. Im sorry. The way she talks to Andy is annoying. Like you had one task to help your husband and you couldnt even do it? I didnt really get her point of showing him the video. I think shes being selfish by not sucking it up and trying to just let the music play. Does she not want him to get better? And the whole flirty vibes is so icky considering shes married. I dont like it at all.

eta: Im editing this to add in Harold to the top 5 because I did love his speech ot Ephram. That scene was so great and so sweet.

1. Amy
2. Ephram
3. Harold
4. Jake
5. Irv

okay I completed it lol.

Last edited by Alexa; 02-11-2022 at 07:06 PM
Alexa is online now   Reply With Quote