View Single Post
Old 02-01-2022, 03:07 PM
jediwands
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
In the context of how wonderful and perfect they were together in this season it made absolutely no sense why Ephram would break up with Amy in the aftermath of Madisongate and say such cruel things to her and break her heart. I could understand him being upset about the baby reveal and Andy's role in keeping that news from him, but why take things out on Amy? It seems so out of character for Ephram to do that.
I agree. I think that's why what he does upsets the fandom so much. It is SO out of character for Ephram to do. He even gave her that Infinity necklace then laughs about it later on. Out of character and borderline cruel.

The real Ephram might want to get away from Andy, but he would take Amy with him or try to... certainly not break up with her but ask if she wanted to go with him to Europe or back to NYC, together they would deal with the shock and pain over how betrayed he felt by both Andy and Madison. Instead, he dumps Amy like she was trash. It's awful. It never matched up with the Eprham and Amy story. His determination to win her back immediately upon return from Europe and finding out he wrote her postcards, THAT is Ephram; but the crap before then, breaking up, leaving her (especially with Rose's cancer diagnosis), laughing about her seeing a forever for them, it all was cruel and entirely out of character and you are so right... look no further than how he acts at the cabin as to just HOW out of character it was.
jediwands is offline   Reply With Quote