View Single Post
Old 02-01-2022, 08:16 AM
jediwands
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
It definitely is.

If I was the father of an 11 year old girl I'd probably freak out like Andy did. That does seem really young for children to be engaging in that kind of activity. It was done for comical purposes, but I could see where Andy was coming from.
My mom and dad wouldn't have been happy either. LOL. But I think they would have tried very hard not to embarrass me. They would have talked to me in a different room while the party still continued. Then I would have joined the party again with the promise that a serious discussion would follow the party.

Quote:
I completely agree. I would have loved to have seen them develop a friendship instead of engaging in an illicit affair. Andy doing that really made me think less of him.
What makes it even worse is knowing on some deep level he understands he has feelings for Nina... he is clueless but not that clueless... he knows at the very least seeing Jake ask Nina out bothered him even if he doesn't understand why at this point.

The best storyline they could have written was Andy putting extra time into his friendship with Nina in S3 and they grow even closer, maybe kiss once then freak out and think about what it meant. Then Madisongate explodes and it would be Andy and Nina picking up the pieces of Andy's broken heart while Ephram is in Europe and they grow even closer as a result. Madisongate could have been a tool used to facilitate Andy and Nina and their development at least but we didn't even get that which sucks.

Quote:
I really don't like it when the shows goes out of its way to make Harold look like a buffoon. They did that with Bright a lot of times too, where they even had some of the other characters, like Ephram and Amy in the plane scene, basically call him an idiot.
I agree. I like when they show Harold's quirks in an organic why such as his interaction with Dr. Trott. But this episode it was way too outlandish.

Quote:
Thanks so much!

It was definitely a very realistic situation. It's a sad fact that many people will come and go in your life.
Absolutely.

Quote:
I feel the same way, especially since I know what's coming later in this season and knowing that they'll be apart for all of Season Four until the very last scene in the very last episode.
Yes, that is so disappointing.

Quote:
It really was a cute scene, but I'll bet that Harold never spent time with Bright teaching him nursery rhymes with harder words substituted. The difference in the way that Harold and treated Amy versus how he treated Bright always made me sad.
I have a feeling Bright felt way more closer to Rose. I just think that is how it was constructed... Amy was closer to Harold (and later, Rose) and Bright was initially closer to Rose and later, Harold (or he worked on things with Harold). Personality-wise, Harold and Amy have a lot in common and I think that was a draw as well. I also find it interesting that while Harold admired his father, he wasn't super close to him emotionally either in addition to his mother. You would think he would have tried extra hard with Bright because he not only lost his dad early on in life, but wasn't super emotionally close with him either.

Quote:
It really was a beautiful scene.

I feel the exact same way.
jediwands is offline   Reply With Quote