View Single Post
Old 01-11-2022, 06:04 PM
SouthernSweetieTX
Master Fan

48 is cold for us.

I can’t believe it was still working either. It was a Rheem. It was original to the house! I’ve been so worried it would leak. It’s in the converted part of the garage, so if it had leaked, it would have ruined everything in my office. It had 34 years of hard mineral buildup in the tank and in the valves. It was producing less and less hot water and the handyman said it was getting harder and harder to get the water out. I’m so glad it’s replaced now.

The handyman will have to come back one last time to paint the pantry and put the shelves in. Hopefully, before the weekend. I’m tired off my table holding all my pantry items. Small problems, I know.

I have most of Christmas down and boxed up. It rained today, so it’s going “away” tomorrow. I had to go get a few new storage bins yesterday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
I pulled out my actual winter jacket today when it was 5 degrees this morning with -10 windchill. It's still only 19 degrees out, but at least the sun is out!

I can't believe you have a 34 year old water heater and it hadn't died yet. And at least you're getting it replaced before it does die. I dealt with a dead water heater and flooded basement, not fun.

Oh, I missed the Sam Elliot comment. Yes, he's in 1883. I would say he's co-lead with Tim McGraw. I held a grudge against Steely Dan for years after they beat out *NSYNC for album of the year at the Grammys.