View Single Post
Old 11-11-2021, 09:44 AM
MistyMountainHop
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishik5 (View Post)
Oh, i loved The Godfather as a book. Never saw the movie, though.
I really enjoyed the book, too. The movies make some different choices (some I agree with vs. the book, some I don't because they don't make sense character-wise) -- and I wish the first movie had added a piece of vital dialogue of Michael's from the book in a particular scene in the movie that truly shows his transition from rejecting and fighting how much like his father he truly is to beginning to accept it. That internal conflict and ultimate change is still well-reflected in the movie (since it's essentially the point of the movie from a character perspective), but that piece of dialogue is so powerful ...

The movies are fantastic, though, and the Coppola's fresh edit of The Godfather III into The Godfather: Coda turned it into a good movie that actually fits with the other two. He rearranged scenes and cut down subplots, and the ending is no longer cheesy but fitting. (I have more I could say, but that would be for DM territory, )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grazzhopper (View Post)
Top Five Movies (in no particular order)
  • A League Of Their Own
  • Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
  • The Muppet Christmas Carol
  • Star Wars: The Force Awakens
  • Lord of The Rings

Listen, don't make me choose a LotR movie, they're like a whole experience.
I didn't realize you enjoyed the LotR movies that much, Lulu! (You know how much I love the books.) Also, aw to The Muppet Christmas Carol being in your top five.

The other three don't surprise me.