View Single Post
Old 11-10-2021, 07:44 PM
Jerry D
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everwoodlover (View Post)
Ah yes the famous abortion episode, i've heard so many stories about this one, about parents forbidding their kids from watching it and how WB decided not to re-rerun it after it's premiere because of how controversial it was(Berlanti's next show Jack and Bobby also had an abortion episode where the character actually went through with it, though I don't remember that one causing the same controversy and I don't know if that episode was given the same "never rerun" treatment).
Wow, I never realized that happened. I guess this episode was pretty controversial when it aired.

Quote:
Anyways this was a really good episode, some article said it wasn't exactly pro-choice cause of Harold going to confession at the end but I don't agree with that. The episode is clearly very much on Kate's side, Harold is just very much a man of god and can't help but feel guilt about what he does even if he is helping women.
I think the episode illustrated how terminating a pregnancy isn't an easy decision for anyone that's involved in it. Terminating a pregnancy did go against Harold's religious beliefs but he did it to honor the promise that he made to his father and I also agreed with him that the measures women would take to terminate a pregnancy before it was legal to do so could have fatal consequences when it wasn't done by a professional.

Quote:
I definitely thought Andy overreacted big time with the whole Penthouse thing(BTW Nina trying to explain it to Delia was freaking priceless LOL) he honestly sounded kinda like Harold when he was freaking out. I loved how she predicted him apologizing and I did like the end of Delia reading to him.
Andy definitely overreacted and he was wrong to lash out at Nina like he did, but the whole scenario was pretty comical.

Quote:
I felt for Colin in the beginning but he really became a jerk over the past few episodes and i'm wondering if the fact that he was planning on breaking up with Amy before his accident is ever going to come up(i've not seen a ton of episodes of this show so there's a lot I don't remember and am not overly familiar with).
Colin really did become a jerk as time went on. Amy never learned that Colin planned to break up with her before the accident. A lot of us felt that if she did find that out she might not have gone into such a deep depression after he died.

Quote:
Kate Mara was amazing in this episode, I first saw her on Jack and Bobby where she played one of Jack's love interests Katie, I was kinda bummed her and Jack broke up(nothing against Jack/Courtney, they're a cute couple but I found Katie more interesting) she's really good at playing these female characters that have gone through serious hardships(also liked her in that Nightmare on Elm Street remake which I found underrated).
Kara Mara was and is an amazing actress. I wish that we had seen her again on the show.

Quote:
P.S. what's up with the title for this episode? Were the writers afraid calling it anything else would've been making light of the subject matter?
I'm not really sure why that title was chosen but you're correct that it might have been chosen due to its controversial subject matter.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Jerry D is offline   Reply With Quote