View Single Post
Old 09-01-2021, 06:29 AM
Jerry D
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpensports (View Post)
You make an excellent point. You are so right about how the theme connected to the previous and present episode and this one being lackluster by comparison.
Yes, Three Miners From Everwood really engaged me, but this one didn't as much, but I think that a lot of it was due to Madison not being in the last episode and her being prominently featured in this one.

Quote:
Yes, there's several different clairs as far as abilities. I was quite impressed that this episode nailed this particular psychic gift. It was truly accurate so whoever did the research deserves an A+. LOL.
That's awesome that you know so much about this. I've seen the actor who played Phil in a lot of different things, including commercials for Farmers Insurance.

Quote:
I still cannot comprehend why Andy would have thought that car was the right one for Ephram. It was a bit strange.
I think that Andy saw the car as a safe car for Ephram as it was big and built like a tank. I think that was his main concern.

Quote:
I cried during several moments when Amy was on the screen. Emily was sizzling in this episode. She's always magical but this episode was just so good. She had the little moments, the non-verbal communication perfectly displayed. Again, she always does but this episode was one where she was allowed to show us just how talented she truly is. Wow. Blown away no matter how many times I watch this gifted actress on the screen. When Amy tells Linda she wanted to feel nothing it was heartbreaking. I simply do not understand how the family is filled with healthcare professionals plus Andy and they cannot help Amy sooner. This is amazing to me. Amy is literally drowning and no one is throwing her a life preserver. Linda is into alternative medicine, so she has to understand the body/mind connection. That's one of the biggest themes of alternative medicine, especially meditation. She is also an MD. She is also her aunt. I do not understand how that comment alone wouldn't send an urgent concern that her niece needs help immediately. So very weird how Amy just exists as a shell, her Soul is not even functioning yet everyone passes by her like they don't see her. It is heartbreaking.
Emily did an incredible job as Amy. She really depicted someone who's so lost and like you said literally drowning. I couldn't believe how Harold reacted to her condition and that Linda also seemed to ignore how depressed she was.

Quote:
Thanks! This episode really illustrated how bad Madison and Ephram were for each other, and she brought out the worst in him. He regressed instead of progressed with her.

Quote:
Everything about this storyline was intriguing. I was on the edge of my seat, the acting and storytelling was so well done.
That storyline really was incredible and Debra Mooney and Marcia Cross did an incredible job in their scenes together.

Quote:
Phil was spot on.
He really was.

Quote:
Delia looked like the sister of the character from the Omen.
She really did!

Quote:
Yes, this episode certainly wasn't one that you could happily view without feeling either frustration or sadness. The best part for me was Phil's storyline since I could relate. Otherwise, it was a very dark episode.
Yes, this was one of the tougher episodes for me to watch.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Jerry D is offline   Reply With Quote