View Single Post
Old 06-21-2021, 08:51 AM
Talula78
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwayshappy (View Post)
I had a feeling after reading some of your twitter posts I never watched Younger, but I read the recap from the finale and if I have to believe all of the comments that finale was baaaaad. I feel for you!

There are certain couples that I really shipped over the year, but never to the point that it made me as furious/sad as you are (and I don't mean that in a bad way - quite the opposite - I love how invested you are!). But hey, I was one of the few who still liked the finale of HIMYM; I thought the ending fitted the show.

Thinking, thinking. Only couple that comes to mind is Shaw/Root from Person of Interest. I mean, them not ending up made sense for the show (don't want to spoil it for anyone), but I was really, really invested and I hoped they would make end up together. And of course I prefered Rory with Jess, but I think that's it.
I am at heart a romantic. When I invest in a ship, it's FULL ON. So, when writers spend an entire series building up a couple to their HEA and then all of a sudden in the last episode take that HEA away, it's rage-inducing! It feels as if they've stabbed my heart with a dull knife and twisted it. The one positive thing to come out of this finale is reading all of the reviews which are panning it and most reviews are negative. Darren Star will forever wear the badge of writing one of the worst series finales in television EVER. I hope to God he feels the sting and rethinks how he ends future series of his.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay (View Post)
I don’t think anything has frustrated me more concerning a couple. Ugh.
Glad to hear I'm not the only one who feels this way about that finale.

Last edited by Talula78; 08-01-2021 at 08:46 PM