View Single Post
Old 06-18-2021, 09:27 AM
rpmaluki
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalfate (View Post)
This was a very great episode!

The backstory to Kal-el brother, Tal-Ro was very interesting and something I didn't expect. Unlike Clark, his upbringing was darkness and you can clearly see in the flashbacks why he became what he became.

I love Jonathan telling Sarah the truth since Sarah was clueless on everything and um... she can't be disrespecting her parents that way, I don't care how upset she is. Lana as a mother was way too calm for her daughter picking up the keys and leaving as well, I was like WHAT THE ******** is this??? lol So no...

I will say that it seems Jonathan is holding a lot of pain inside and I just hope it doesn't get unleashed at the wrong time.

I liked the Jordan and Sarah stuff in this episode and I actually liked Jordan... I notice I enjoy him more when we don't see his every day teen angst.

I love how direct Jonathan is to Sam Lane and how Sam does soften up to him as well. Great to watch.

It's so weird to see Superman without some type of voice device changer or something. lol I know in the past it's worked but it seems the audience is way more smarter now so Superman should have a voice changer for people he knows or something. I loved Lana reaction to seeing Superman for the first time!

Lara (Superman's mother)! Emmanuel did an amazing job portraying her. I loved everything with her that we watched. I loved Clark telling her that he had a great mother on earth who loved him, Martha.
I wish the show would dial it back on the kids disrespecting their parents. They are pushing too close to my tolerance level. It's worked wonders with Jordan in the last few episodes. I'm not wholly for Jon's interactions with his grandfather. Sam may have been wrong for keeping his 7734 project but he wasn't wholly wrong for being prepared because look where they are right now. I understand Sam's position, he's problem was keeping Clark in the dark. I think Clark c/would have understood though Lois was never going to like the idea no matter what because she has a strained relationship with Sam.

They should have spent a few more minutes dealing with Jon's revelation of what he saw in that video. I don't like that it was buried underneath so much plot.

I love Clark talking with his mother but I hate that it happened the way it did, using Lana. That way to icky for me.

I have a feeling Tal Rho is going to be a one and done type of villain after S1 and honestly, I kind of want him to stick around to see Clark having to deal with a sibling. Clark and Kara can't really be on the show at the same time always as they are they are very similar being heroes in their own right so there's not a lot of dramatic narrative to be mined in that relationship but with a brother that was so very different to Clark, I want to see that dynamic but sadly Edge is likely going to be put down at the end of the season for his very extremest view of humans and diabolical plans for earth. It's such a missed opportunity but I might be in the minority here because people are so used to having Clark as an only child for nearly his entire history of existence except for a handful of comics from the silver age that toyed with giving Clark a brother for fun.