View Single Post
Old 06-04-2021, 01:14 AM
onebreath
Master Fan

Saw some people on Reddit say that had ASP been there for season 7, she would have possibly made Chris Lorelai's endgame because she was a huge fan of Chris. Me being new to the fandom, I don't know much of anything of what went on back in the day or of ASP.... but I do not get the sense, from the way she writers Chris through the series, that this in the case at all? But the they said the way she was writing Chris in season 6 was her starting to redeem him and so it would be the start of her going towards a C/L endgame. Again, WHAT? Any "redemption" he had went out the window as soon as he slept with an emotionally vulnerable Lorelai in the season 6 finale, and that was all ASP.

I actually give credit to the season 7 writers, because for all I HATE having to witness that Chirs/Lorelai relationship, at least they did no redeeming of Chris and only used the relationship to show us how terrible and not meant to be, C/L were and showed us even more what a POS Chris is. I really think his worst moments (besides his actions in Wedding Bell Blues) are in season 7.