View Single Post
Old 06-02-2021, 01:54 PM
Artemis
Moderator Manager

Possible Board Closure Discussion: Please Read and Respond!

Jessica and I are so sorry to put this thread up, but the writing's on the wall. It may be time to close this board.

Our post counts have been declining over the past few months, and there aren't any regular posters outside the episode discussion threads and a relationship thread.

As you know, Fan Forum requires that we average at least 12 posts per day, with lower numbers than that leading to warnings and then possible closure of the board. The last year, due to the global pandemic, post counts have been suspended. We had a long hiatus and then a return. And yet in May, with weekly episodes, we averaged 7.5 posts a day.

Both 9-1-1 and Lone Star are now on summer break, which means we don't have new content to help us. Because of the pandemic, we're not on the Low Post Count list, but it's definitely telling.

We're been surviving on games and, honestly, my heart isn't in it as it should. I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE the show. It's one of my favorites and I try to watch live when I can. That's how much I love it. But trying to post here to have discussions - it doesn't happen. I can reblog tumblr gifsets and post them on the threads here, but when only one person comments, it just...Where's the fun?

I hate to say this, but for me and Jessica, trying to post with just us two is work. It's a chore. And that's not a good feeling for anyone.

We decided to wait for the seasons to end and see the May post count. And that's why this thread is here today, right now.

We'd like your honest and open opinions on how to proceed with the board. Is anyone willing to post in more character and/or relationship threads? We don't need people in games because it's not about the post count, it's about the content.

Please let us know what you're thinking. If you think it's time to close the board, say that, too. If you want to try to keep the board going, so are we, but we need to do better.

We'll always have a place to talk about the show.
- We already have a thread or two at Couples and if a discussion is made to close, I'll be adding all the couples over. So you know you'll see me.
- The Television board has a thread (or will) for the shows to keep discussing it when you're doing a rewatch or watching when the show returns.
- Utilize the Celebrities board to talk about the amazing and talented actors who play our favorite First Responders.

Thanks, everyone.
- Jackie & Jessica