View Single Post
Old 05-25-2021, 03:16 PM
Alexa
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I saw Ephram's POV and how much he hates what is going on but you are absolutely right about how it could potentially affect Kate now and in the future. Excellent thoughts!
I get why Ephram was upset and he did come around at the end when he confronted Matt and stood up for Kate, but i wish he had been a bit kinder to her in their 1 on 1 scene. This is not her fault at all. Shes teh victim here. And the dialogue was a bit victim-blaming imo. However, i wont blame Ephram, but the times for this. I dont think the writers realized this and it wasnt as apparent back then before all the Me Too stuff in the current time brought this stuff to light.

Quote:
Seriously?! Had no idea. That's funny.
Yeah, its called "a teacher"... its a bit problematic because the scenes with her and her student (played by nick robinson) are pretty racey.... they do an okay job of calling out the abuse in the final episode but i feel like they try to make her character too sympathetic. In real life he is 26 and she is 38, so there is still a pretty big age gap there, which is kinda weird to me.
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote