View Single Post
Old 05-24-2021, 11:08 AM
everwoodfan52
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I thought that Ephram was insensitive to Amy when he told her that he thought it was best that they kept their distance for a little while, and while I could understand his reasoning for doing that, but still you could tell that he really hurt Amy by saying that. Ephram seemed both impressed with and intimidated by Kate’s piano playing, because he had naturally assumed that there was no one in Everwood as talented as he was, but when he saw how gifted Kate was, he saw that wasn’t the case, and I think that’s why he wanted Andy to “disinvite” the people he had invited. I was glad that Andy was able to get people to come to Ephram’s recital after all, and he looked really happy that Amy ended up showing up at his recital, thanks to a frantic plea from Andy.
When Ephram thought that he would end the show because he was the best...he didn't care if Andy invited the world to his recital. When he realized he probably wouldn't end the show and Kate would....he was too embarrassed to have people come and see this...including Amy. When Ephram told Amy that it was probably better if she didn't come he was trying to be cool...indifferent and trying to protect his feelings. But...deep down he was agonizing over Amy and would have loved to have her at his recital no matter what. Hence his adorable smile when he spotted Amy in the audience at the end of his performance.
everwoodfan52 is offline   Reply With Quote