View Single Post
Old 05-24-2021, 11:02 AM
everwoodfan52
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpensix (View Post)
I loved the Amy/Edna interaction. I wasn't too fond of how Amy initially tried to use and manipulate her Grandmother. I like that Amy's head finally gets screwed on properly again instead of being out in fantasyland regarding Colin. Of course I loved how she also showed up for Ephram. It was so special. It meant so much to Ephram.
I was happy that Edna was not the pushover that I thought she was in regard to Harold's grounding of Amy. Edna did respect Harold's wishes.
I also love the fact that Edna not only realized that Ephram needed Amy, but also showed her preference as to who Amy should be with. You've got good taste, Edna!

Quote:
One thing that bothered me... Ephram's possible career path was brushed over way too quickly. The ending to this episode, with Ephram not wanting to get into piano because of what Matt ends up being and what Andy did with his gift reminds me of the fact that we really didn't get to explore much in regards to Ephram not wanting to become a professional piano player. The bottom line to this scene is that Ephram will never become Matt or Andy. Ephram will be just fine without losing who he truly is. Ephram has learned from the mistakes Andy has made. In many ways, Ephram has evolved at age 15 almost more than Andy evolved as a grown adult at this point.
It is pretty sad that because of Matt...Ephram did not have a piano teacher until season 3! Yes...Andy handled Ephram so well reminding him that Ephram was so much better than Andy and would never compromise his integrity to get ahead. Such a beautiful moment between father and son. This show has a tendency to end an episode with moments like this.

-
Quote:
The talk between Edna/Amy was good. Amy does have tunnel vision. Edna once again points out how Amy’s her father’s daughter.
Haven't we been saying that?!? LOL

Have I mentioned Ephram in a suit?

-

Last edited by everwoodfan52; 05-24-2021 at 11:09 AM
everwoodfan52 is offline   Reply With Quote