View Single Post
Old 05-24-2021, 09:50 AM
jediwands
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
wow this episode was frustrating in many ways!

HAROLD. I LOVE HIM SO MUCH. He was so funny ranting in his car about all the people.... that is totally me because I have road rage lmao... and he said “how many points is this” my parents used to joke about this game all the time. too funny. I also love the fact that he made Amy write a paper again He is so extra.
The paper was so awesome. Yes, the car scene is so great because who doesn't drive while having all these thoughts inside just coming out while being stressed in the car? Harold's just so great. I also love how he helped Andy with the dude who had his wife beating him up during sleep. Harold's so great. Everyone needs a Harold in their life.

Quote:
Edna was great in this episode too and I enjoyed her moments with Amy. The whole bug/alien thing was a bit odd of a storyline but they made it work. And i love that Edna didnt let Amy get away with going to see Colin and using her to get out of being grounded. Good for her. Also what she said about Amy at the end having an obsession for Colin and letting it consume her... THANK YOU! She is exactly right.
Such wisdom coming from Edna.

What I find interesting is Edna lacks patience with the Townies, even Irv and Harold. But she finds a way to stay calm with Amy even when Amy deserves to be yelled at. Edna is a great Grandmother to Amy in this way and as we know, they have many moments together in S2. I love her patience and wisdom with Amy.

Quote:
The Matt storyline is very icky. Btu I am glad they are not romanticizing it. I dot think Ephram should have said the things he said to Kate though, because she might not realize it now but shes being taken advantage of and years later shell look back and probably be traumatized from what he did to her. And that scene made it feel like Ephram was blaming her for it. She has no control in this situation. She's still a child... A lot of these underage victims don realize the effect of what they are doing/whats happenign to them until its much later on in their lives. But Matt is gross. And i am so glad that Ephram called him out at the end!
Wow. I love your thoughts here. I didn't really think about it in this way. You are so right. I saw Ephram's POV and how much he hates what is going on but you are absolutely right about how it could potentially affect Kate now and in the future. Excellent thoughts!

Quote:
Side note but its kind of ironic that kate mara plays a preditor in a new show now and has an affair with a younger student lol.
Seriously?! Had no idea. That's funny.

Quote:
I'm not really enjoying the Ephram/Amy storyline mcuh right now what with Amy being crazy about Colin and then all teh awkwardness between them. Its just dragging too much for me. But I do like that she went ot the recital. However, she was kinda forced there....
They are definitely in limbo right now.

Quote:
Andy was sweet trying to get people to come to the recital and then uninviting everyone when Ephram asked. (Ephram later getting upset that he did was so annoying lol). But at least they had another nice moment at the end of the epsiode.
Yes, their interaction was interesting in this one but always a nice moment at the end.

Quote:
Top 5 characters this episode.
1. Edna
2. Harold
3. Andy
4. Ephram for standing up to Matt
5. Amy only because she had some funny lines at the dinner table otherwise she'd still be frustrating me lol
Love that Edna is #1. Totally agree.
jediwands is offline   Reply With Quote