View Single Post
Old 05-23-2021, 09:34 AM
Jerry D
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpensix (View Post)
Excellent thoughts, Jerry.
Thanks!

Quote:
I completely agree. He was insensitive. At the same time, I kind of liked it, lol. I feel like her fantasyland behavior justified Ephram going there. Yes, he knew what he was doing, he deliberately hurt her. You could see it on her face, it landed directly inside her heart. She was very upset. But I liked that it snapped her (even temporarily) back down to reality. In addition, I love how she didn't even care what he said in the end, when Andy went to her, she went with Andy for Ephram. It was great. I also thought it was remarkable how Amy's grounded and Edna is like, "Go, be there for Ephram!" as well as Harold not caring either. Harold had to eventually find out about it and we know she didn't get into trouble for it. She looked so moved watching him playing... just like someone totally in love would look.
There was a lot of back and forth with Ephram and Amy in this season. She would hurt him and he would hurt her. On both sides, their feelings were so strong and they would try to fight them and sometimes they'd hurt each other in the process.

Quote:
All I could think about while watching Ephram look at Kate in amazement was how great the two of them would have been together, casually dating, being mostly friends (with some romantic flare) while they shared their piano gift together. It would have been awesome seeing these two paired together instead of gross Madison. They had more chemistry than Kate/Matt, that is for sure. Can't even compare either, since, gross. But yes, I would have loved seeing Ephram/Kate instead of Ephram/Madison. Even Ephram/Kate over Ephram/Laynie (due to being Amy's friend). It would have been great. I wonder if the actress was only available for a couple of episodes or if they even considered Ephram/Kate. They should have, if they didn't.
I would have much preferred Ephram and Kate getting closer and possibly dating in place of the awful mess that was Madison. Ephram and Kate could have bonded over their mutual gift for and love of playing the piano and Kate Mara is a gifted actress who would have shined on that show.

Quote:
I love how, for Ephram, his anxiety wasn't just about Amy in this one. It was about his gift which was wonderful to see. I also loved how Andy cutely did damage control after bipolar Ephram went back and forth with his desires.
I really liked that too.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy

Last edited by jediwands; 05-23-2021 at 01:10 PM
Jerry D is offline   Reply With Quote