View Single Post
Old 05-23-2021, 09:16 AM
jediwands
Fan Forum Legend

Excellent thoughts, Jerry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
I thought that Ephram was insensitive to Amy when he told her that he thought it was best that they kept their distance for a little while, and while I could understand his reasoning for doing that, but still you could tell that he really hurt Amy by saying that.
I completely agree. He was insensitive. At the same time, I kind of liked it, lol. I feel like her fantasyland behavior justified Ephram going there. Yes, he knew what he was doing, he deliberately hurt her. You could see it on her face, it landed directly inside her heart. She was very upset. But I liked that it snapped her (even temporarily) back down to reality. In addition, I love how she didn't even care what he said in the end, when Andy went to her, she went with Andy for Ephram. It was great. I also thought it was remarkable how Amy's grounded and Edna is like, "Go, be there for Ephram!" as well as Harold not caring either. Harold had to eventually find out about it and we know she didn't get into trouble for it. She looked so moved watching him playing... just like someone totally in love would look.

Quote:
Ephram seemed both impressed with and intimidated by Kate’s piano playing, because he had naturally assumed that there was no one in Everwood as talented as he was, but when he saw how gifted Kate was, he saw that wasn’t the case,
All I could think about while watching Ephram look at Kate in amazement was how great the two of them would have been together, casually dating, being mostly friends (with some romantic flare) while they shared their piano gift together. It would have been awesome seeing these two paired together instead of gross Madison. They had more chemistry than Kate/Matt, that is for sure. Can't even compare either, since, gross. But yes, I would have loved seeing Ephram/Kate instead of Ephram/Madison. Even Ephram/Kate over Ephram/Laynie (due to being Amy's friend). It would have been great. I wonder if the actress was only available for a couple of episodes or if they even considered Ephram/Kate. They should have, if they didn't.

Quote:
and I think that’s why he wanted Andy to “disinvite” the people he had invited. I was glad that Andy was able to get people to come to Ephram’s recital after all, and he looked really happy that Amy ended up showing his recital, thanks to a frantic plea from Andy.
I love how, for Ephram, his anxiety wasn't just about Amy in this one. It was about his gift which was wonderful to see. I also loved how Andy cutely did damage control after bipolar Ephram went back and forth with his desires.

Last edited by jediwands; 05-23-2021 at 01:06 PM
jediwands is offline   Reply With Quote