View Single Post
Old 05-14-2021, 01:58 AM
L i N d $ @ y
Moderator Manager

Yep. Every year we get a Cat 5 typhoon. It hits different parts of the country. If you hear on the news that the storm will hit Manila, then for sure I'll be affected by that.

Alison finally posted on her IG.

Quote:
it’s been months since I put anything on my grid so I thought I’d put a photo up of me looking nearly as big as our couch elevating a swollen leg (sorry cankle not included in this photo there was simply not enough room) to break the silence! I’m currently annoyed enough with social media feeding me ads of women in full makeup with perfect bumps and thigh gaps to be motivated to post a little antidote. On here, even “my life is messy” posts can feel like they’ve got an angle, like things are being said for effect or with some agenda. I don’t want to say things for effect or with an agenda, so often I just don’t say anything.... but i miss the connection that can come when I do. This journey of bringing a baby into the world is magical, beautiful and powerful. It’s also hard, humbling, intense, scary. My body is doing exceptional things that make feel like a warrior goddess, but also I get stuck on my back like a turtle a lot. Putting on pants gets me out of breath. Weird things happen to my body w/ no control. Trips to the A&E. Nearly every pair of my underwear is too tight (I’ve taken to cutting them down the back which is momentarily liberating but I’ll def regret it when they all unravel ☹️) Trying to work out what to post during this time that can somehow capture the intense excitement and wonder of every day whilst also protecting this little kicky creature in my belly who I want to keep away from social media as looong as possible is tricky. All I want to talk about is every wild detail of this journey, but also feel fiercely protective + private. The bigger I get the more inward-turning I become. So what to say, really? I guess today I just wanted to say to any other women out there who are also growing little people in their bodies and not seeing a lot of representation on here of what it’s really like to be pregnant, in all its waddly, uncomfortable glory- just wanted you to know that I feel you and am sideways hugging you, my heart to yours. I may have no thigh gap, but I do have a lot of love that I miss offering. I hope you know how magic you are. You have the cosmos inside you, waiting to be born. What a wonder indeed.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.