View Single Post
Old 06-18-2006, 10:15 AM
jediwands
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raja
I'm still crushed Amy and Bright never hooked up on the show.

I think there is a vast difference between how the media viewed Everwood and One Tree Hill and that's why Chad/Sophia were in the spotlight and why Chris/Emily were able to get away from that for the most part.

One Tree Hill has always been known as a teen soap and with that, CMM and JL were known as the poster boy teen hunks. Same goes for Sophia, Hilarie and Joie as the "teen IT girls." So the media treated them accordingly by giving the teen fans the dish, etc.

With Everwood, it is a family drama and the entire tone and appearance of this show is much different. It's common knowledge that the media does take this show more seriously. Just check out the constant articles on this show as being one of, if not the very best show on TV.. It is a critically acclaimed show. So with that, Greg/Emily/Chris were never pimped in the same way as CMM, JL, and SB have been.

Therefore, the CMM/SB relationship was going to be big time covered by the media because it was all about money, selling the teen mags for the teen audience that crave getting the dish, etc.

Whereas with Greg/Emily and now Chris/Emily, the media understood that the target audience for Everwood was always much, much different than a teen soap... So they treated it accordingly.

I still love the fact that Chris/Emily do seem like extremely private people as well. In fact, Greg/Emily/Chris have never loved the spotlight, they were never about wanting to be known for what they look like which in my mind, is amazing because, well, just look at them.. I love that it has always been about their acting first and everything else comes way secondary. And being on a mature, critically acclaimed show, coupled with filming in a remote area in Utah certainly made this entirely possible for them.

Last edited by jediwands; 06-18-2006 at 10:21 AM
jediwands is offline   Reply With Quote