View Single Post
Old 04-24-2021, 06:35 PM
Jerry D
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auror (View Post)
What Audrey said to Joey was so nauseating. Yet, it was the central theme in the minds of the writers. From the moment DJ kiss in Decisions, poor Dawson had a spell on him he couldn’t break. He was all about Joey. Everything he did, personal life and career was focused on her. With his creative mind, why on earth were all of his projects growing up, in college, and as a professional mostly centered around her? Now, if he ended up with Joey, it would at least make some sense. This is another reason why the only option based on what the writing expressed, was for Dawson to end up with Joey. If he doesn’t end up with Joey he comes across as pathetic and sad if you think about it. The guy had a talent at such a young age and he basically spent his childhood, teenage years, young adulthood and even professional life focused on a girl and then a woman who, in the end, picked his best friend even though we never saw one sign of why they should have been together. So incredibly disappointing. As a viewer, I cannot even go back and watch S1. I can’t do it. Even though I understand if I started watching, it would bring back some magic of why I fell in love with the series in the first place. But I can’t go there knowing what happens in the later seasons and how the premise was ridiculed and destroyed. Everything was ruined.
I have Season One on DVD but I've never watched it and I never will watch for the exact same reasons as you.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy