View Single Post
Old 04-22-2021, 05:02 AM
RM01
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
So that's why the show ending with Pacey and Joey really made no sense.

I honestly think that Kevin Williamson being brought back to write the Series Finale was just a publicity stunt and he simply caved in to Paul Stupin's suggestion to "surprise the audience" and have the show end with Pacey and Joey, but in doing so, he destroyed the entire premise of the show that he created, and instead of surprising the audience he insulted and disrespected the audience.
I honestly think this was it. Or at least a significant reason for the ending. Shows often like to do series finales with something happening that the audience wouldn't expect. The 'wow' factor. Although I think most shows don't do this to a storyline that they had propped up for the entire premise of the series only to do a 'gotcha' moment right at the end but hey this is Dawson's Creek. That's the thanks they give to their audience (I'd say at least half when you include DJers, PAers, anti-PJers) who had stuck around for six years and basically indirectly financed their show due to their viewership.