View Single Post
Old 04-08-2021, 06:41 AM
LindaL100
Absolute Fan

Wolverine & Jean Grey (X-Men movies) - I've always loved Jean Grey's relationship with Cyclops, they were arguably the most iconic and beloved couple in the X-Men universe especially in the comics and cartoons. But they completely ruined this beautiful couple in the movies in favour of Wolverine & Jean Grey. I never liked Jean Grey & Wolverine together, they were never a good match in the comics & cartoons, but they wanted Wolverine to be the lead character in the X-Men movies and I think that's the only reason they put so much emphasis on Wolverine's relationship with Jean Grey. The way the movies portrayed this relationship was implying that Wolverine was Jean's "true love" when that is not true, Cyclops has always been Jean's one and only real love. As much as I love Hugh Jackman and I love his portrayal of Wolverine, but I've always thought the character of Wolverine itself is very over-rated, there was way too much hype & focus on him in the movies at the expense of just about every other character in the X-Men movies, especially Cyclops & Rogue; the 2 most under-rated and most ruined characters in the movies. And this whole Cyclops-Jean-Wolverine love triangle was poorly written, it made Jean a cheater and made me dislike her character in the movies, even though I loved her in the comics & cartoons, I also think Jean is one of the most over-rated characters in the movies, she deserved all the popularity she has in the comics and cartoons, but not in the movies. And I never liked Wolverine much either, because he went after a woman who was clearly already taken. I much prefer Wolverine with either Storm or Rogue.