View Single Post
Old 04-04-2021, 08:57 PM
LindaL100
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychically Linked ღ (View Post)
Yes and no. I do agree that she started off with genuine intentions but honestly they were both at completely different emotional development levels in their lives. Abby needed someone her own age as did Buck. The age difference in general didnt really squick me, it was the fact that while I love him, Buck was without a doubt 100% a frat boy in season 1. He grew SO MUCH since then, but back then? Buck 1.0 was not emotionally ready for someone like Abby and Abby wasnt ready for someone like Buck when he got ALL in. They just werent right or each other in the end and Buck 100% deserved better.
I disagree with you about them needing people who were the same age as them, age should not be a factor, even if they did date people around their same age does not necessarily mean that they would've been happy or it's what they needed. And we did see Buck gradually maturing into a more responsible person through his interactions with Abby. I think Buck & Abby were in a very good place in their relationship before Abby's mother died, everything was fine before that, Buck was maturing and ready to fully commit to Abby and Abby was happy with Buck, it seemed like they were on the same page. But then Abby's mother suddenly died and everything changed, like I said, I think her mum's death was the real turning point in her life, it changed her life dramatically and that's when things started to go sideways in their relationship. I know the writers had written Abby's character out & wrote their breakup the way that they did because Connie Britton only signed on for 1 season, but if Connie had stayed on the show then I think Buck & Abby still would be together now. But that's just my opinion.

Last edited by LindaL100; 04-04-2021 at 09:37 PM