View Single Post
Old 04-04-2021, 07:13 PM
Psychically Linked ღ
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaL100 (View Post)
I disagree with you about Buck and Abby, I think Abby did genuinely care about Buck and did have feelings for him, I mean, the reason why she reached out to talk to Buck in the first place was because she saw him struggling to deal with losing someone he was trying to save, she offered her shoulder for Buck to lean on and they began interacting with each other on the phone, she offered herself up to him as his confidante, someone he could talk to whenever he needed help or just someone to listen and communicate with. And through his interactions with Abby, Buck changed, he matured for the better. So I think they were both good for each other and over time it grew into something more. But I think losing her mother changed everything for Abby, for most of her entire life her life was always about helping & taking care of others, being a 911 operator & having to care for her sick mother, always putting other people before herself. Then suddenly she was alone after her mother died, she needed to get away to find herself and put herself first for the first time in her life. Although I agree that the way she treated Buck in the end, ghosting him like that was appalling, but I think when they were still together they were good for each other, I just don't like how their relationship ended, I think her mother's death was the real turning point in her life and it made her re-evaluate her life.
Yes and no. I do agree that she started off with genuine intentions but honestly they were both at completely different emotional development levels in their lives. Abby needed someone her own age as did Buck. The age difference in general didnt really squick me, it was the fact that while I love him, Buck was without a doubt 100% a frat boy in season 1. He grew SO MUCH since then, but back then? Buck 1.0 was not emotionally ready for someone like Abby and Abby wasnt ready for someone like Buck when he got ALL in. They just werent right or each other in the end and Buck 100% deserved better.

"Its about who you fall in love with."

John Paul McQueen & Craig Dean