View Single Post
Old 04-03-2021, 07:22 PM
LindaL100
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychically Linked ღ (View Post)
Buck & Abby (9-1-1) The way she treated him was pretty appalling. The fact is, they were emotionally incompatible for one another. Buck fell for her HARD but it was clear to me that she was just using him to make herself feel better about herself. Which valid for her but when she realized he was falling for her she should've ended it herself instead of ghosting him. Buck deserved better, full stop.

Stiles & Lydia (Teen Wolf) Stiles's crush on Lydia was just painful to watch from start to finish. She never returned his feelings and he low key stalked her. Season 6 was a total cop out imho, when they did get together. It made absolute no sense to me that she was suddenly so in love with him when she never gave any indication of having any feelings for him before that. They honestly deserved better than the forced ending that they got imho.
I disagree with you about Buck and Abby, I think Abby did genuinely care about Buck and did have feelings for him, I mean, the reason why she reached out to talk to Buck in the first place was because she saw him struggling to deal with losing someone he was trying to save, she offered her shoulder for Buck to lean on and they began interacting with each other on the phone, she offered herself up to him as his confidante, someone he could talk to whenever he needed help or just someone to listen and communicate with. And through his interactions with Abby, Buck changed, he matured for the better. So I think they were both good for each other and over time it grew into something more. But I think losing her mother changed everything for Abby, for most of her entire life her life was always about helping & taking care of others, being a 911 operator & having to care for her sick mother, always putting other people before herself. Then suddenly she was alone after her mother died, she needed to get away to find herself and put herself first for the first time in her life. Although I agree that the way she treated Buck in the end, ghosting him like that was appalling, but I think when they were still together they were good for each other, I just don't like how their relationship ended, I think her mother's death was the real turning point in her life and it made her re-evaluate her life.

But I agree with you about Stiles & Lydia, I think this couple is so overrated, for much of the show Lydia had shown absolutely no interest in Stiles romantically, she always only saw him as a friend, Stile's romantic feelings for Lydia was always just one-sided, and he was dating Malia for quite a long time. Then in the last season Lydia suddenly developed romantic feelings for Stiles, it didn't make any sense really and it felt very rushed, there was no real build up, it was like one minute she had no feelings for him then the next minute she suddenly loves him, it was very abrupt. I think the only reason Stiles & Lydia got together in the end was because "Stydia" became such a popular ship with fans from the beginning that in the end the writers finally caved and just gave the Stydia fans what they wanted, regardless of how rushed it was and how much it made no sense. Putting Stydia together in the end was just fan service I think.

Last edited by LindaL100; 04-03-2021 at 07:33 PM