View Single Post
Old 02-24-2021, 12:01 PM
jediwands
Fan Forum Legend

I checked Home:

Quote:
DR. BROWN: Hey, Colin.

COLIN: Hi, Dr. Brown. Can I talk to you for a minute? I-I won't take long.

DR. BROWN: Sure, sure. Come right in.

[He ushers Colin to the lounge.]

DR. BROWN: How are ya?

COLIN: [upbeat] I'm good. [laughs] You know I had this insane day today. It was kind of amazing actually. I mean, it felt long but it went by so fast.

DR. BROWN: I know the feeling.

COLIN: Yeah. It's a good feeling. You know, I'm not saying that you should feel this good everyday, but... I think you should give each day's it's own chance, you know? To make things... I don't know, better? Right? You know what I mean.

[His smile slowly fades and he leans forward.]

COLIN: When they put me out tomorrow, if I don't wake up the way I'm supposed to, if I'm not me again, I don't wanna be. [stern] Don't bring me back.

[Dr. Brown thinks for a moment. Colin's eyes have started to well up.]

DR. BROWN: Listen, Colin...

COLIN: Please? Just promise me. That you won't keep trying.

[Beat.]

DR. BROWN: I promise.

COLIN: [pulls out an envelope] I, ah, I wrote it down. In case.

DR. BROWN: I understand. But everything's gonna be fine. This will never get opened.

COLIN: [not so sure] OK. Good.

[Dr. Brown holds out his hand and Colin takes it.]

Quote:
DR. BROWN: Colin, you're doing good. Just stay with me here. Alright, I'm removing the clips.

NURSE #1: There's no leak, it's holding.

DR. BROWN: Where's the duralgraph?

NURSE #1: It's here.

DR. BROWN: Can I have it please?

[An alarm sounds.]

DR. BROWN: What is that?

NURSE #2: The blood flow's dropping in the vessel, fast.

DR. BROWN: It burst. Damn! Re-equip blot surely. Let's go. Come on people let's go. I want as many gel foams as quickly as possible, OK? As fast as you can bring them to me keep 'em coming. I'm gonna stuff this sucker. That's good, that's good. Here we go, here we go. Slowing it down. Again, good job, good job. Here we go. Come on, baby. Hang in there, Colin. Come on buddy. Slow it up, good job. Here we go.

[Fade on a hospital corridor. Dr. Brown slowly walks down the hall and into the waiting room. Inside the waiting room are Colin's parents, the Abbotts, Edna and Irv, and Ephram. They all rise to greet him. Dr. Brown has a completely blank face.]

[Fade to black.]
I always loved what Home meant... two different things... Ephram was Home in Everwood and Colin truly went Home to Heaven. But that's for a later date. LOL.
jediwands is offline   Reply With Quote