View Single Post
Old 02-11-2021, 07:11 AM
activia
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalfate (View Post)
I feel Oliver called Clark out the most and for the most part I just always agreed with Oliver. 90% of their arguments I sided with Oliver. lol Probably even 95%.
Right from their first meeting Clark was hypocritical with telling Oliver about being with Lois when he has a disguise ... umm did he forget how long (at that point) he lied to his friends and Lana (when he was dating her?) lol
I did not see this as hypocritical. He wasn't in a relationship at a time and this was not very long after him and Lana broke up. He was giving advice based on his past experience "trust me it doesn't work... I've tried"...nothing about that felt hypocritical to me. When he did decide to really go and try and get Lana back he told her his secret. He also kept Lois at arms length for this reason for a long time as well.

Oliver called him out SOMETIMES. Sometimes it was completely bunk (beginning of season 9 for example when Oliver was drowning himself in self pity and he tried to say Clark wasn't doing anything). Now when he called him out in season 6 he had good reason.. Clark wasn't dedicated to go and save the common man on a regular basis however, Oliver acted like Clark was doing nothing which was not true, because Clark was out getting the Phantoms.

I also mostly disagreed with Oliver when he wanted Clark to kill someone..especially doomsday. That was ridiculous because we knew Doomsday COULD NOT BE KILLED. (My reaction was always,, huh???????) Oliver did not seem to understand the serious repercussions there would be if Clark started to decide to use his powers to determine when someone needed to be killed. That is dangerous. Oliver paid for what he did to Lex in a way with almost committing suicide....imagine if Oliver was as powerful as Clark.

Most of the time I saw both sides of their argument and some of the time didn't even take a side..more they each had a point. I was definitely far from 95% of the time on the side of Olivers.....maybe 30-40....and about the same for Clark and the other times neutral