View Single Post
Old 01-21-2021, 12:39 AM
Ekua
Elite Fan

I know me too!! It was very late here (I am 12 hours ahead!) but I watched until just after Biden and Harris were inagurated. How amazing was Lady Gaga? Her voice is so powerful! And I loved J-LO saying 'liberty and justice for all' in Spanish!! John Legend was also incredible! And I loved Garth Brooks. And Amanda Gorman. Her poem was so powerful. And the Foo Fighters, Springsteen...it was wonderfully done given the cirumstances. And Tom Hanks!

It was just so lovely to hear a President give a speech that wasn't about attacking anyone, wasn't being raciat, xenophobic etc etc but actually speaking in proper sentences and sounding eloqent and like a leader.

And Harris. Amazing. After 4 years of old white men it's refreshing to see diversity. And so very much needed.

My friends and I were having dinner together, and we watched Trump leave. Again - no one wearing masks, when he was spewing his goodbye lies to his supporters, no social distancing, masks...but at the inaguration everyone was. Why has it become so political? So disturbing! What's worse he's expressed no sympathy for the 400,000 dead from covid. Not once. And taken no responsibility for the absolute disaster of a response by his administration.

Yes Aubie it's so frustrating. I know they're just trying to help, but it's doing the opposite. We have sent a video explaining and we are having an online workshop with them, so hopefully that will help.

I have just found out I need root canal treatment and I am so scared!!

Last edited by Ekua; 01-22-2021 at 01:08 AM