View Single Post
Old 11-28-2020, 04:56 PM
Alexa
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
They’ve been OK, so far. Nothing fabulous, and not nearly as good as the original, IMO.
Well yeah, obviously! It cant top the original and I think it knew that, so this was the best way to go about it imo. Its a completely different vibe but with the same setting and familiar characters. I like the more dramatic/satirical take on the series. I am really enjoying this reboot, actually. Again, I'm shocked because i thought i was going to absolutely hate it.

I really like the main girl, I think shes cool and its funny that everyone is so dumb compared to her lol.

Mac is growing on me, I'm finding him funnier.

I like that they have a trans character on the show but I wish she was more likable lol.

Quote:
I can’t wait to see more of Zack & Kelly! I’m kinda not a fan with the way they’re portraying Zack’s character, though. He kinda came off as a jerk, no? Like he’s completely clueless, but maybe that’s the point? Like Alexa said, they are like making fun of themselves and the original series. IDK. Maybe it’ll get better when I see him in another episode. I’m just glad Zack & Kelly are still married after 26 years, because in this day & age, you never know what writers are gonna do with your favorite couples during reboots.
I loved seeing them and that they were still together! I agree about Zack... he was a jerk in the OG a lot of the time, but he also was a good person deep down and had good moments, so its sort of annoying they are simply making him off to be just a total douche lol. Maybe he'll get better development later. I dont think he and Kelly are in the show as much as Jessie/Zack, so i think they will only be in a few this season. Which I am fine with, I dont think we need to see the originals all the time.
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote