View Single Post
Old 11-19-2020, 04:25 AM
heartღaflutter
Fan Forum Star

I loved this episode too!

the proposal was kinda sad but I liked the phone call scene where all the ladies were curious to find out more about the proposal
did you all catch the mouse in the scene with Queen mom?

Quote:
Diana is accepted into the family and is taught basic protocols by her grandma. That scene when she entered and had to curtsy to the royal family (in order of importance) was sooooo well done. I felt the tension especially with Margaret because Diana interrupted her talking.
yes brilliant scene, Helena captured Margaret so well in that shot too.... she's not one to be ignored and overlooked
but it also showcased how naive Diana is stepping into this world.. perhaps she has a more 'princess fairytale' look at things before she got engaged and not a very realistic one

Quote:
This was also the ep that Charles & Diana announced their engagement and also the start of their troubles. I don't know if the Camilla & Diana meet up is real or added for drama but I hate that it was only her who bothered talking to Diana while Charles was away. None of the other royal family bothered to hang out with her. They only allowed Diana to be a part of Charles' life because she was less of a drama than Camilla (who's married).
yeah for some reason I had hopes that Anne perhaps seeked contact with her but nothing

Quote:
Favorite scene is towards the end with QE & Charles, again QE giving him a speech about how duty is above everything else. Charles crying goes to show that he did in fact agree to the marriage because it is his duty and will at least try to embrace the notion that maybe they can fall in love down the road. But it's also a sign that it's gonna be a failure.
I loved that scene but like you said, knowing where it goes you know it's gonna be a failure
I must admit, it was weird that Charles didn't contact Diana at all either during his abscence..

Quote:
Also what do you all think of that scene where Charles tells Diana he met up with Camilla to tell her it's over? I don't believe him.
I didn't believe that, I mean come on, give a bracelet with your nicknames? That's a love gift, not a parting gift..

I do think at the early stage of this relationship I do fault Charles more than Diana, I think at this point Diana felt she could have a loving relationship with a prince, at least at the time she accepted his proposal... I think she doubted it right before her marriage and after meeting Camilla and knowing about the bracelet that she had competition and she wasn't sure if she could match that (in charles' eyes!)

Karen | Icon: shinebrighterxx] ღ [/SIZE]