View Single Post
Old 11-18-2020, 02:35 PM
Always & Forever
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks, Lindsay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny Lane (View Post)
I might check it out but I don’t know how much more of this show I can’t take. More than anything, it just makes me curious and I like that they’re not romanticizing the relationship.
I watched Episode 4 last night. I see what you mean by how far Claire will go to be able to get alone with Eric (I keep wanting to type "Nick" b/c that's the actor's name ). He does seem like just a little boy with a crush (which he is), but he wants it to be more and she's willing to tell him what he wants to hear and give it to him, because she's so unhappy in her loveless marriage. You can so see it on her face and in her actions when she's talking to her husband. It's clearly evident she doesn't love him anymore, and I think that even started before she started hooking up with Eric, so Eric is clearly giving her and saying the right things to her she wants to hear that her husband isn't. While the subject matter is iffy, I think it's important that it is being addressed like this, and that they will not be glorifying the relationship, and I am interested to see what has happened to these characters (Eric's friends and Claire's husband, too) by the end of the 10 episodes. If you are able to stomach the movie, it's not so bad and it's only 75 minutes long, so it's pretty short, but I totally get it if you don't want to because the show seems to be enough/too much right now.

Aaron Tveit is Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street