View Single Post
Old 11-17-2020, 08:45 PM
L i N d $ @ y
Moderator Manager

I thought this ep was good. I call this the Margaret ep because the focus is on her.

Last season I cried at the very last ep because of Margaret & QE. So I was looking forward to this ep to see more interactions of Margaret with her family.

Holy crap, Tom Burke!!!!! I had no idea he was a guest star on this show.

So Margaret is coughing all the time which is expected because she's a heavy smoker. She gets surgery for it and the experience prompts her to re-evaluate her life. So she tells QE that she wants to be more useful. Sadly with Prince Edward turning 21, he's given more responsibility and Margaret is pushed aside.

Later Charles tells her to see a therapist (and we also find out Diana is pregnant with Harry). That visit to the therapist made Margaret discover about her cousins who are kept away in a mental facility and she was livid. The fact that I had no idea about this until I saw this ep made me realize that the British press probably also helped with hiding this fact until of course this all blew over eventually and more people found out. That scene of Margaret and the Queen Mother talking was so disheartening to watch.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.