View Single Post
Old 01-16-2004, 11:59 PM
CaptainBackfire
Loyal Fan

Okay, well obviously this week's episode was a bit of a letdown compared to last week's, but I still thought it was very solid and recieves an A from me.

First of all, I would just like to say how angry I am that JoA was only on once for me tonight, since the Canadian network was showing some other stupid movie or something instead. I had been planning to watch the first one through without interruptions and then watch it a second time while taking some notes. I didn't get to do that, so I'll probably miss a couple of things. Oh and yes, I'm that obsessed [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

I thought it was so sweet for Joan/Luke/Kevin to give their parents a "married weekend" trip. Loved Helen's "I'm usually the one who makes smells in the kitchen, so we were worried." And also, "Strip Scrabble!" Bwah!

Can I just say how much I love Adam? I love love love love him. After last week's O.C., he beats out Seth Cohen as my TV boyfriend. I liked the confusion and the uncomfortableness between Adam and Joan; I thought it was very realistic. I know a lot of you are going to be angry at Joan for brushing Adam off so quickly, but I can completely relate. They've just gotten their friendship on track after a huge fight and then a kiss is thrown in, and you've got total chaos. Obviously, Adam is going to be very happy, since we all know he's all about her, but Joan on the other hand, has never outwardly expressed romantic feelings for him (am I incorrect? I've missed a couple of eps here and there, so feel free to correct me) so it's completely natural for her to be completely confused. Besides, denial seems to work for her. Anyways, more on them later.

I really enjoyed seeing Adam's reaction to Joan's complaining about her love-sick parents. You can totally tell he's all about romance. And that makes me love him more. Squeee!

[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] How cute was Grace's little dancey walk as she came up to tell Rove/Jane about the drugs presentation?

Aw, I loved how Adam looked over at Jane when the speaker was talking about love and having the best kiss of the year (or something to that effect). And also, so funny of God to start talking about hormones and sex, haha, I'm surprised Price didn't jump in any sooner.

Loved the interaction between the sibs regarding the party. It felt very natural, but was very entertaining at the same time. Also, when the parentals were leaving and the no parties came up? "Don't worry, I've got it covered. We've decided they don't have enough friends to have one." Bwah, I love big brother Kevin.

I can totally understand Helen's glee at going to spa. I love spas, total relaxage. Hehe, I liked Will's apprehension too; it was very fitting to his character: "I'm not getting wrapped!"

At school, when Luke and Joan are trying to plan out how to tell people about the party. "I thought you were cool." "Well, I'm not." "Crap!" [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] And also, I loved Grace's "You having a party? Well am I invited?" "Yes, of course!" "I hate parties." Snerk! I loved Adam's approach to asking about the party too. He just wants to know where he stands, and Jane's not giving it to him [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

The Rebecca thinking Kevin is a writing genius was a little contrived, but I think the characters work well together and the actors have good chemistry, so I'll let it slide.

At the spa, the placecard: "The Quiet Room. Quiet Talking" [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I can definitely understand Will's apprehension in giving up his weapon, and that guy was starting to grate on my nerves. I loved the look of pure disappointment on Helen's face that prompted him to hand the gun over. Nicely acted by Mary.

I knew the cashier at the store was going to be God. I thought it was pretty bold of him to start talking to Joan about Adam and stuff with Luke right there though. For sure Luke would have picked up on the how-the-hell-does-this-guy-know-about-Joan-and-Adam vibe?

The party was slightly unrealistic, or at least different from the ones I've attended. How awesome were the looks on Grace and Adam's faces when they walked in the door? Aw, how cute that Adam leaned in for a kiss!! Jane, how on earth can you deny that boy? *slaps her over the head* Well, hell, if you don't want him... C'mere Adam, I'll give you some loving [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Didn't really care for the scenes at the spa, especially with the businessman (although, I have to agree with Will, we did NOT need to know about that guy's colon crisis! ICK!). Also, expecting Helen and Will not to eat for an entire night? That's pretty harsh. I completely understood Helen's hurt feelings, thinking that Will didn't want to spend time with her. But that scene playing Scrabble was amazing. Nicely acted by Joe; shows us just how much that incident affected him.

Rebecca/Kevin kiss? Very cute. Looking forward to more of these guys. It'll be cool to explore the rammifications of their boss/employee relationship and see how the people at the paper react, ie. favouritism, etc.

Aw, Adam, I'll dance with you!!!! He is SO Jane-whipped. I liked how he got her the water though, very chivalrous. Ugh, as much as I love Kris Lemche and his CBG persona, I just had this sinking feeling the entire time they danced. I was readying my heart for when they showed Adam's reaction, and yet it still broke. I hate to see him hurt [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] I agree with the poster who said Amber and Kris have good chemistry though. Although, was it just me, or was Kris's hair all kinds of big tonight?

Noise control? Totally predictable. Liked Joan's reaction though. "Thank you!" Hehe.

That totally sucks about the Meth lab thing, and I was actually wondering if God was going to bring that up. I was afraid the writers were going to do this whole, "They're not allowed to have fun, otherwise there are really bad consequences," and I'm glad they didn't delve into that too much.

That scene on the front lawn? So precious. My heart broke again when he called her the dreaded Joan! Honestly, it just can't take many more beatings like this! I liked how Joan acknowledged how she liked being Jane; she said so shyly too! I swear my heart stopped when Adam was like, "Those days [days of Jane} are over" and the look on Amber's face clearly communicated how terrified Jane was of that idea. I loved the dialogue. It felt completely natural and realistic. OMG, "I haven't kissed many girls before. In fact, it might just be one girl." Okay, complete, flat out squeeing at this point. I love Adam. Have I mentioned that yet? I liked how they both acknowledged the kiss meant something. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] The look on Adam's face when he questioned about CGB and Joan was like, "That's different," was just... ugh... My poor heart. I did like, "Hey, wanna dance?" As another poster said, the different styles of dancing between CGB and Adam was very obvious. *happy sigh* Adam and Jane dancing = Happy me. I loved how they just complete out and out hugged and squeezed each other. Too cute. The looks on both of their faces as they were holding each other told it all: pure happiness and contentment. Chris and Amber are wicked awesome.

So we don't really have closure on the relationship, but I'm definitely looking forward to the exploration of their friendship and tentative romance. Well, c'mon, even GOD wants them to get together! Two weeks of reruns? [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] Do we know which eps will be showing?

Holy freaking cow, I rambled on. Um, you are under no obligation to read through all that. I just wanted to get my thoughts out, otherwise I'd explode with Adam love. Tee hee. But seriously, sorry for that. I haven't felt this excited about a show since S2 Gilmore Girls.

Lisa Love your av.

Also, to the poster who said hearing Sam Roberts made their day... Same with me! The music on this show is great.

[ 01-16-2004: Message edited CaptainBackfire ]