View Single Post
Old 10-09-2020, 09:07 AM
rpmaluki
Extreme Fan

While Chloe was a Lois Lane stand in from S1-S3, I rejected the idea of her somehow becoming LL. I wanted "real" Lois Lane and was thrilled Erica came onto to the show and could never accept anything less.

My first time watching this show, I struggled with a lot of things/creative choices and such. I only watched as long as I did because I was a Superman fan and wanted to love the show and while I liked TW, I wasn't enthralled much so it wasn't difficult to cut ties with the show for over a decade. I loved Oliver and Michael actually made me care about Lex (up to a point - I mean he's THE arch nemesis for Superman, eventually I'd dread watching his scenes no matter how brilliantly played by MR). Clois are the reason I got back into it, Tom and Erica sold me this show this time around, they had a great rapport as either rivals or friends and eventually as lovers. The comedic timing in this episode was top notch. It reminds me of the first half of Persuasion (the funny bits) where Lois isn't acting herself, just like Clark in Hex. It's almost the reverse "Lois" was playing against a hexed Clark and in Persuasion Clark is playing against a hexed Lois and both are trying to get the other to snap out of it.
rpmaluki is offline   Reply With Quote