View Single Post
Old 09-21-2020, 07:03 AM
myheadsgonenumb
New Fan

But they were still painful, and they would have been painful and constant. He wouldn't have been able to get up, he would have been thrashing around, if they had hit him out in public someone would call an ambulance for him and the hospital would deal with him the same as they did with Cordy. They wouldn't do the permanent damage that they did to Cordelia, but the short term effects would be the same -the migraines, the exhaustion, the mental overload, the emotional pain and misery ...

Whilst Doyle was never meant to die in episode 9, I think the original idea of him was he wouldn't last forever. I wonder if he would actually have been killed off under those visions in to Shanshu in LA (or that might have been the idea, had he made it that far I think he would have proved too popular a character for them actually kill off - a bit like Spike was supposed to be killed midway through Buffy season 2)

I don't think that much would have been different at all, ultimately the writers have a story they want to tell and will tell it the way they want. Doyle is only a supporting character, they would still want Angel to do all the stuff he does and Doyle would be there to facilitate that, not change it.