View Single Post
Old 08-05-2020, 07:49 AM
Crystal Clear
Fan Forum Hero

I recently did a full watch of Ju-On: Origins (it's a 6-episode show that refers to itself as being the genesis of how The Grudge movie series began) and this has taught me to watch things for myself instead of trusting critics.

I have to give it a huge applause for being daring in a way that NONE of the Grudge movies has been before in terms of depicting gore, violence and sex.

There is a scene in Ju-On: Black Ghost that shows an attempt to remove a fetus from a womb that is somewhat similar to (but less gory than) a scene in episode 4 of this series.

Anyway, I was pleasantly surprised by this series. It's a really strong prequel to the story.

I feel as if people only rated it low because it doesn't focus on the original Grudge family - Kayako and Toshio. This is NOT fair and people were similarly mean to Ju-On: White Ghost even though that was a fantastic addition to the series with lots of strong sub-plots combining together to give a strong basis for the curse.

I would definitely recommend this series on Netflix. Be warned, however: there are some graphic depictions of killings and sexual assault.

Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Crystal Clear is offline   Reply With Quote