View Single Post
Old 07-27-2020, 06:20 AM
eternalfate
Fan Forum Legend

Those ISA scenes are just amazing!
Henry and Jordan are villains yet such different characters. Jordan still has more human feelings inside of him where as Henry Sr. fell off. Also, we see how much Jordan has grown to truly care for Barbara which is slowly saving Courtney death at this point.
When you watch these scenes you can truly see that Jordan's main motivation is the last words of his wife... she wanted him to stay on the evil path...
Henry Sr. killed son and wife so he is all about the ISA cause to no end however Jordan is all about the ISA cause as well even though he may feel conflicted, in the end he will be for the cause. I will assume that the main one who's off limits for him is his son but we'll see.

Also Jordan looking through the browsing history for browser... yeah this is why you do not use your work computer for personal information because stuff like this can always happen. lol

Justin the Janitor is actually Shinning Knight and I enjoyed the the reveal of that and how he was in another group outside of the JSA one and luckily he remembered to contact Pat. His mind was really playing tricks on him but I like how things kinda came well rounded for him from start to finish of the episode.

Courtney finds out the show that her father was not Starman but some deadbeat ... like what a complete downgrade from the hero she thought was her dad. Her reaction to denial to acceptance to disappointment was down very well even if I felt bad for Courtney. I mean it probably would've felt a little better for Courtney is her dad was at least a decent man but he wasn't much of that which is why Barbara cut ties with him.
I did love Geoff Stults in the role as Sam Kurtis, I felt he did a brilliant job and Sam was very worthy of that punch in the face from Pat.

The Barbara and Courtney scenes were amazing.
It's great we got to watch a great mother and daughter scene of Barbara wondering how she should handle what's next to do.

Courtney is in such a tough spot since she believes everything she's been doing has been a lie pretty much.

The only member of the young JSA who has a tie by blood is Hourman... dang.
However, Courtney should realize that the staff chose her because the hero was in her.
The staff always known what was in her.... she was always meant to have it whether she was Starman's daughter or not and she also blames the deaths of Joey and Henry on herself... that's a lot of weight on her shoulders.

I love that Pat made sure Courtney realized that from the beginning, the staff knew who she was... the only difference when it wasn't working was that she didn't believe in herself so it stopped working for her. Which brings me to the Pat and Courtney scenes! I loved each scene they've had! Especially the scene when she cried on his shoulder.

Henry memorial at school? Umm.... didn't expect that. lol
To be honest I still have difficult time believing he's dead and Henry King Sr. is an absolute joke. He is saying the speech about his son like he was father of the year.
I liked that Henry Sr. told Icicle right away about everything he knows and went revealing identities and reading minds like a boss...
I think the power play in a way between Jordan and Henry Sr. was my favorite thing of the episode.... I am just more intrigued by the villains... but the Courtney story was sad and very well done and I love how the end she had Pat and Barbara by her side as she had the belief again for the staff can work. Also poor Mike, always in the dark. I like how we see it slowly affecting him.
eternalfate is offline   Reply With Quote