View Single Post
Old 07-26-2020, 12:07 PM
valleygirlsyndrome
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondieLeigh (View Post)
Tbh I doubt she knows about the Tracy situation. They were only in three episodes together so were likely more colleagues than friends.

Kind of sounds like she was trying to make someone else's trauma about her? Idk, but helping people is not traumatic, if it was, we'd stop doing it, and no, you don't experience others pain via osmosis, that's dumb.

There's no excuse for that, tbh. Has she directly addressed it and committed to bettering herself, or did she pull a Hartley Sawyer, delete it and hope everyone would pretend it never happened? It's a very important distinction.

Sounds like there was nothing to call out with Shakira, so that was incredibly dumb.

I mean, we absolutely do need a revolution, and not just the US, the entire planet. If she doesn't understand that then she's contributing to the problem, sadly. I hope she looks into it some more.

I'm good with any quote
Tbh, either way, it sort of makes me cringe. Like I listen to her podcast because she does have a lot interesting people on there, to talk and converse with, and I learn a lot from those conversations. But, any time she brings up her trauma as an empath, not OTH or Chicago PD, which she does have, she just has talked more about being a seven-year-old and crying when she saw like Nat Geo videos of what was happening to California beaches.

And, I'm like, sure you grew up a sweet kid. Your mom called you "Joan of Arc in diapers". You wanted to be a pediatric heart surgeon. Not just a doctor.

But, it's not all about you and how much you care. It's about the movements you claim you belong to, and if that stuff was happening with Tracy, she probably knew about it, because she said on interviews in podcasts when asked about CPD and she said some people were mad at her for speaking out. So, the fact that she's silent on it. Like there's no way she wouldn't know that.

RE: Joy. She just ignored it. It was just another post in another forgotten blog that Joy started and abruptly ended. She's totally ignored her side before. She kind of snuck into the left side, by retweeting 4 more for 44, in 2012. Then, she kind of appointed herself Biden spokesperson this year. So, yes, she just ignored everything she did, and became a new person. But, not just a participant. A full-blown preaching activist. I find that discontinuous.

Yeah, the Shakira thing was ridiculous. She's posted a couple tweets like that over the years.

This is why I have a hard time sort of whole-heartedly admiring celebrities, especially ones denoted as "down to earth". Because as much as they act like they've distanced themselves from "celebrity culture", they too can be vain and tone-deaf.

Honestly, Hilarie is one of the few who kind of is like. I believe what I believe. I grew up with what I grew up with. But, you're not responsible for that. Unless it's mask-making

I really recommend her book. Then, I recommend reading that book by Meggan Waterson she talks about, Reveal. I'm halfway through it, and it is as remarkable and magical as Hilarie said.

I'm good with any quote, too.

I thought this GIF set was particularly cute:

https://nathan-and-haley.tumblr.com/...0127-its-one-i