View Single Post
Old 07-26-2020, 07:11 AM
valleygirlsyndrome
Loyal Fan

I've just got that "Lose her. She's right here." Stuck in my head. But, you're the boss!

And, yeah, Leigh, I'm not sure that's what she said about Tracy, but I'm assuming Tracy is covered under her trauma from being an empath. She says she had a pretty magical life, which she certainly did. And I understand PTSD from being a woman in the industry, especially with you-know-who, but there are times on her podcast, where, the entitlement, not from being outspoken, per se, but like Glennon Doyle was on her podcast and talked about how her trauma came from being put in this box as a good, christian girl, then, teen, then, adult, then mother and wife. And she became bulimic and an alcoholic. And Sophia's like your trauma comes from that my trauma comes from wanting to save people. And she mentioned being in a relationship with a bad guy. And, I just thought that sounded kind of farcical.

Yep, Joy said that. She's definitely better. And I hate the idea that I'm holding what she said in the past against her, but she didn't just let that ignorant stuff go and move on. She carried the torch of like Democratic revolutionaries and women, continuing to speak out in self-righteous, condescending ways, even after she got out of her abusive relationship where she was treated as less than. I mean, even the Shakira album. That was just like. Who does that? Even if you didn't just post a flurry of bikini pictures and all Shakira had on was a bikini, and I'm pretty sure it was just a cute crop top, that looked sexy. You don't do that. You don't pick a fight out of thin air to assume you're going to hear all these people support you for allegedly "calling out" Shakira versus Imogen Heap, who I think, ironically was also wearing a crop top.

And this whole idea of we don't need a revolution, we just need to get Trump out. There are so many ways that's offensive and ignorant. Like, I get what she's saying. Given how people voted in 2016, they were more likely to vote for Biden. But the "we don't need a revolution"/ "I don't understand Democrats". It's like, no, sis, you haven't been with us, marching, posting, spreading the word, and revolutionizing, and living while being pitbulls, so, of course, you wouldn't know.

Anyway, for the new thread, if you don't like that quote:

https://www.theodysseyonline.com/45-...-love-can-work

Last edited by valleygirlsyndrome; 07-26-2020 at 07:21 AM