View Single Post
Old 07-24-2020, 07:06 PM
Mori
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by obsidian star (View Post)
I also thought it'd be harder to kill the Scants Queen, but looks like it was of course easy for Silver Tongue and Lucy Fugue to do it and I'm still not sure about Miranda, but at least she was the only one not acting like a moron with everyone being infected with Scants
I've thought that more than once about the villains of the week this season. They've felt underused and their defeats anticlimactic.

Quote:
Is Niles wanting to kill Dorothy? Or is the show just making it seem that way and they're actually going to do something else with her?
I'm 50/50 on this. After the easy resolution to last episode's cliffhanger, I wouldn't be surprised if they were just making it seem that way for some fake drama.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lg238 (View Post)
I hven't seen it yet, but the way people talk about it, the new season sounds a bit messy tbh.
Yeah, it doesn't feel very cohesive. Everybody's basically off doing their own thing, only occasionally joining up to deal with some brief problem before splitting up again, and there isn't really an overarching theme tying all the story threads together.

The crazy, weird stuff feels less earned too. In the first season, it had a purpose, it helped tell the story of these flawed, broken people trying to fix themselves. This season just feels like it's being wacky because why not? (For example, the Steele & Stone thing was funny, but it was a 2-minute diversion that added nothing to the story.)