View Single Post
Old 07-21-2020, 04:46 AM
Butterfly catcher
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop (View Post)
You know... the more it gets brought up on the show (and in the fandom) that Echo needs someone to give her orders, the more I start to think that it's not true. I don't really think that's the way they presented her throughout the show. She was always arguing with Roan and trying to convince him to do things her way, like when she took it upon herself to cheat in the conclave and got herself banished. She functioned just fine using her own judgment while she was on her spy mission in S5 (remember her arguing with Raven about what to do?) and while Bellamy was gone for a huge chunk of S6. And who has she been taking orders from for the last 5 years? She was definitely the most proactive of the 4 women on Bardo and took the lead making a deal with Anders, which means Diyoza and Octavia (two of the strongest leaders in the series) were following Echo there. Plus if it turns out that she's playing them all and has some master plan, that will be even more evidence. She's not blindly taking anyone's orders. But, yeah, she is loyal and she prioritizes the group over herself. She picks a team and sticks to them without seeking out power for herself. I don't think that this is necessarily a bad thing. Maybe it's something that she's insecure about on a personal level, but whatever. She's a badass and she's smart. Hope basically has no business being such a dick to her.
Absolutely. She’s loyal because she was conditioned to, but she doesn’t obey blindly. She is able to lead in the absence of the leader as proved at the beginning of season 4 and in subsequent seasons.
If it was difficult for her to create links from her past history, she has made a lot of progress on this plan since the time spent on the Ark and no doubt she also created bonds with Hope and Dyoza on Skyring. She plays on Bardo and she plays well, they will find Hope with Octavia’s tattoo.
I don’t really like her character because she is so cold, it’s difficult to read into her and I like when emotions are perceptible. I don’t know if it comes from the actress’playing or simply from her storyline. But clearly, her character is in my opinion the most intriguing and interesting at this stage of the season. ( I never thought I would say this one day LOL)