View Single Post
Old 07-17-2020, 12:26 PM
wolkenfuehlen
Elite Fan

Thank you everyone for stopping by!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roswell 10/2/00 (View Post)
The friendships that were made and the good times and memories will last a lifetime.
Oh, you're definitely right about that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by a thousand kisses (View Post)
And you are too good to me Anja! Will try to post here more, so this board can end on a good note.
Carmen I gotta go find you on twitter, you can't get rid of me that easily!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnegan (View Post)
Your decision to close this board cannot be called premature, given that Fanforum's minimum-posting-volume requirements have required you two to keep this board alive for the past decade by means of non-substantive posts that have dwarfed the number of substantive posts.
We're going to have to forever agree to disagree on this point, Finnegan. The magic and power of this board was never in its subject, and always in its community. There's a reason why every other discussion board for the show disappeared long ago.
What you might consider "non-substantive" has been pretty much life-changing for every other regular poster on this board, myself and Sheida included. When I look back on my seventeen years here, I will not remember why a character made a reference to an author or something trivial like that, I will remember the people here.
I will remember when myself, a close friend and my co-mod at the time gave each other nicknames inspired by different Charlie Hunnam characters, and used them for months on end and confused everyone else with it. I will remember the time a regular poster gave birth and her sister posted to let us all know so we could celebrate. I will remember sending copies of Ian's show Tell Me You Love Me to a poster overseas because she hadn't seen it yet. I will remember the way everyone here collectively lost their minds when myself and my Ian co-mod at the time managed to spend an entire day with Ian, hanging out and talking. I will remember the birthday cards and letters I've received and sent all around the world to amazing people that posted here. I will remember the randomness of meeting someone on here who ended up living 20 minutes away from me. I will remember the excitement we all felt whenever one of "our cast" rose up in the world and we got new content to enjoy with them. I will remember live watching projects our cast were in, often in the middle of the night for me because time zones suck. I will remember watching two seasons of a show only to see Mark as a dead body in the background for the majority of it, and Sheida being close to blocking me everywhere because of it. I will remember the happiness former posters felt when they return to see the board still here. I will remember the happiness I felt to see them again and catch up with them, often years after we had last spoken, and yet united by our love for this board, our home on the internet. I feel sorry that you never understood what the board stands for, because in truth, you really are missing out.