View Single Post
Old 06-03-2006, 07:48 PM
MsPerfectionist
Sailor Scout Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbiebling
Religion is being insecure in the meaning of life and desperately clinging to the idea of a greater purpose. It means throwing logic and reality out the window and indulging in blind faith that you are better off believeing in "god" and if you do you will be fine in this life and any after life. You can cling to this ideal even if you are a rapist, murderer, jackass or general scum/thief/all around baddie, to call yourself religious and a beliver of god, you give yourself permission to be off the hook for all your sins coz God still loves ya coz you believe.
The faith part gets me the most, so many people want to "believe" and feel better in believing so honestly, good for them, but realistically and logically, bad things happen to good people and good things happen to bad people.
Religion is blind faith for brainwashed suckers.
Religion discriminates gender and sexuality also.
I am an each to their own kind of gal, so I don't dislike religious people or anything or disrespect my religious friends, because everyone is entitled to their opinion and this is just mine.
I am very glad I was brought up without religion because of all the religous people I know and all the things I have learned or read, I only feel sorry for those who feel that for whatever reason they choose to cling to it blindly.
Yep bad things happen to good people but by believing it gives people hope. It amazing how people believe in their religion without any doubt & questions.
MsPerfectionist is offline   Reply With Quote