View Single Post
Old 07-03-2020, 02:17 PM
dragonfire
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Hi, dragonfire! I'm fine, thanks.

Well, I actually do think that a lot of that stuff you mentioned might make for a great cinematic version of Crisis on Infinite Earths. I also agree that WB rushed their DCEU into production to catch up with Marvel and that also hindered them. Remember, when Marvel was setting up their MCU, WB was still stuck in the Nolanverse Batman films which were stand alone, and that was their mistake. They should have insisted that Nolan place his films within the DC universe and not their own separate universe. Also, letting Bryan Singer make Superman Returns, which was set in the Donnerverse, was another mistake. Then they did Green Lantern, which was an act of desperation on their part after the success of Iron Man. Both Hal Jordan and Ryan Reynolds deserved better.

I agree, one big reason the MCU worked was because the characters were all introduced in solo films first, and then came together in the Avengers. The DCEU did it backwards, with Batman v Superman and Justice League introducing everyone else, and then having them branch off into solo films, and it became a mess. And again, what was Snyder thinking casting Affleck as Batman?

For the record, my JL miniseries would introduce Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Green Lantern, and The Flash in separate movies and then bring them together in the Justice League. Cyborg wouldn't be introduced until the second volume where the Legion of Doom are introduced.

You guys think Superman III is underrated? Guys, my mom paid money to take me to see that movie in 1983 and she got robbed. You do know that Donner's original idea was to have Brainiac in that film, and instead we got Richard Pryor. The only good stuff in that movie was Clark struggling with his evil self after being exposed to red kryptonite (if that's even what it was), and Annette O'Toole was also great as Lana Lang, but that's about it. Don't even get me started on Superman IV. I paid my own money to see that in 1987. I should've just gone to see RoboCop instead. Why did I wait to see RoboCop on VHS?

Come to think of it, I also went to see Jaws: The Revenge in the theater in 1987. What the hell was wrong with me? The only good movies I went to see in the theater that summer were Predator, Innerspace, The Lost Boys, and Beverly Hills Cop II. I wish I'd seen RoboCop, Lethal Weapon, and The Untouchables in the theater that year.
Hey Alex. Good.

You do? Actually if WB/DC ever does make a live-action movie of Crisis they would probably have it be about Batman/Batverse. Batman: COIE.

Yep. After The Dark Knight, I highly doubt WB/DC wanted to do that. They wanted Batman back on top, Nolan succeeded that, and if they would've tried to force Nolan to add his movies to a DC universe when he didn't want to then it could have lead to him leaving, Bale leaving, and WB/DC back to square one.

WB/DC was wise to let Nolan finish his trilogy before starting a DC universe. The less said about Superman Returns the better. I don't know about Hal but I think it all worked out for Reynolds. He was born to play Deadpool.

Wow, you actually agree with me about something in the MCU? I thought Affleck as Batman was fine.

It would?

I do. She did? Yeah, I think I read something about that, and do you know that in the original script for Superman III Brainiac was the main villain but the bad part was he was gonna be in like a love triangle with Superman and Supergirl?

I don't know I thought the chemical plant fire scenes were good, also the scene where Clark/Superman saves Ricky, Clark/Superman fixes the oil ship, the supercomputer, the freaky scene of Robo Vera, Clark/Superman vs the supercomputer, and uses the can of acid from the chemical plant to destroy the supercomputer. Clark/Superman helps Gus get a job, Clark/Superman finally settles the score with Brad, and of course, Clark/Superman moves the tower of Pisa back the way it was, and it causes a guy to break the figurines of Pisa.

Superman IV I can understand, and I think it's worse than Batman & Robin. Jaws the Revenge? Isn't that the Jaws movie where he wants revenge for the death of his friend, and he travels all the way to the Bahamas to get his revenge?

You do?

I hope everyone is ok.