View Single Post
Old 06-24-2020, 02:41 PM
Butterfly85
Cardcaptor Queen

I said before too the only time Dawson and Joey worked was in S1, but when they got together it was and stayed a toxic disaster. They were always better as friends, they couldn't make a relationship EVER work long term or in general (One of the many things showing they weren't soulmates) Even though I've always said S1-4 are the seasons I don't mind rewatching (compared to the last two seasons) S2 is painful mainly cause of the extreme IMMATURITY of Dawson and Joey's melodramatic arc the whole season, like grow the F up. It's all so corny and dumb, especially when you see it as an adult. Even when I was a teenager watching it, it all made me gag and RME.

I remember I was fine and watching the show regardless but I can see S3 being the season that saved it for you and maybe others. When I first watched the show I didn't see S1 yet, so I didn't know about P/J's short fling in S1 so I never even thought about P/J but once I saw that growing friendship and chemistry just grow and grow in S3 I was hooked too. I quickly fell for Pacey and Joey cause before them none of the couples did it for me. I never got into Dawson/Joey *pukes* Dawson/Jen, Pacey/Andie, Jack/Joey, etc. I didn't see iron hot, passionate chemistry till I saw Pacey and Joey together, and I wanted them together so badly. I wouldn't be surprised if people watched DC for the first time in S3 and got hooked cause of P/J. They were just lightning in a bottle, and they still hold up today. They are still the main thing people still discuss about the show.