View Single Post
Old 06-18-2020, 04:59 AM
Kinky-Cousin
Extreme Fan

A lot of older sitcoms did it well. People said the ending of Friends was predictable but it was perfect imo, as it wrapped things up for the characters but didn't do something depressing just to surprise people. Sitcoms may have sad moments but overall they are meant to be comedies, so ending them miserably just ruins it.

I thought GOT would be safe because I was expecting it to be heartbreaking and that characters I loved would die tragically, since it's GOT after all...so I was prepared for sad shocks...and yet they surprised me instead with making me actually feel bored in the final episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysteryXX (View Post)
So many shows mess up these days it's so sad for the fandom
How many times does it have to happen for showrunners to learn the audience generally hates this, and it isn't because we won't accept anything that isn't our favourite characters living happily ever after. Breaking Bad had a very bittersweet ending and I loved it, Mr Robot had a very bittersweet ending and I loved it, because they are surprising yet still make sense. You can go back in these shows and see foreshadowing, hints, etc. D&D just claiming something is foreshadowing doesn't mean it is well done effective foreshadowing. Bad "shocking" finales are widely criticised each time and yet this keeps happening...like "maybe it'll be different with us!!!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen's Herald (View Post)
HBO messed up both GoT and Sopranos, both had horrible endings after 8-10 years of seasons and fandom. ugh.
Never seen The Sopranos, for the same reason I have never seen Dexter. I heard the endings were horrendously bad and I can't be bothered setting myself up for dissapointment. Thank you to the fans who can warn the rest of us, The North Remembers bad writing.

Last edited by Kinky-Cousin; 06-18-2020 at 05:07 AM